Position: Development Associate
Hours: 32-40 hours per week, with benefits; flexible schedule including some remote work
Salary Range: $36,225 - $61,256 annually, DOE
Location: Encompass Child Development Center, 9050 384th Ave SE, Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Encompass is a private non-profit serving the Snoqualmie Valley and Issaquah communities for over 55 years. Our mission is to partner with families to build healthy foundations for children, and we believe what happens early in life matters. We offer high quality, leading edge early childhood educational and therapeutic services to all children in our communities.
DESCRIPTION: The Development Associate coordinates fund development activities under the supervision of the Special Events Manager. Primary responsibilities are to provide support for the Encompass Autumn Gala, Encompass Spring Event and the Take a Seat for Kids project. This position is also responsible for additional fundraising activities and support for donor stewardship and community outreach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Autumn Gala support to include silent auction procurement; entry, tracking and acknowledgement of all auction items; corporate sponsorship support; audience development; work with Volunteer Manager to recruit and coordinate event volunteers; attend committee meetings; assist with post event evaluation and accurate and timely donor acknowledgement; item pick-up and receipts, set-up and management of the silent auction on event day.
- Spring Event support to include corporate sponsorship support, work with Volunteer Manager to recruit and coordinate event volunteers, plan table décor, assist with event program and post-event evaluation and donor acknowledgment.
- Take a Seat for Kids support to include artist coordination, promotion and logistics.
- Application and coordination of workplace and employee giving programs.
- Fall annual campaign activities including the direct mailing campaign, coordinate Giving Tuesday campaign with marketing department, and subsequent donor acknowledgement.
- Create new partnerships with small businesses for private event fundraising.
- Represent Encompass at community and networking events.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in field supporting required skills/responsibilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated accurate and timely data entry
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, highly detailed and accurate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree, or Associate degree
- Event planning experience
- Working knowledge of Greater Giving software program
- Knowledge of Snoqualmie Valley Community
- Current Washington State Driver’s License
- Company Paid Life/AD&D/EAP
- IRA & IRA Matching
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- $50.00 – Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Send resume/application to: email@example.com.
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on gender, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.
- This position will require extended standing or physical activity. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Available to attend meetings, functions, and events after normal business hours on occasion.