Encompass is a private non-profit serving the Snoqualmie Valley and Issaquah communities for over 50 years. Our mission is to partner with families to build healthy foundations for children. We believe what happens early in life matters. We offer high quality, leading edge early childhood educational and therapeutic services to all children in our communities.
SCOPE: Provides assistance to Lead Teacher in the development and implementation of daily classroom programs for preschool children in accordance with program standards. Works in collaboration with preschool team to enhance parents’ role as the principal influence on the child’s education and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning: Participates in planning with teacher for the educational program; assist teacher with the implementation of the daily classroom program, including music, meals, group projects, free choice time and supervision of students.
- Preparation: Prepares and organizes the classroom and classroom materials in accordance with the planned classroom program.
- Professional Development: Gains knowledge and skills by participating in in-service trainings, staff meetings, and other opportunities including 10 hours of MERIT approved training throughout the year.
- Family Support: Works with site team to plan and conduct family events; Encourages and supports families in working toward goals they have set for themselves.
- Interdisciplinary Staffings: Participates in interdisciplinary planning for children and families including staffings and other cross-component coordination efforts.
- Guidance: Interacts positively with all children to support their individual learning and meets their emotional needs.
- Family-Style Meal Service: Participates in and facilitates mealtime service and conversation.
- Health Supervision: Oversees health habits in the classroom, i.e. handwashing, toothbrushing, etc. Administers first aid as needed; Checks indoor and outdoor environment for safety hazards; Works in collaboration with Mental Health Professional as needed.
- Record Keeping: Completes daily attendance/meal count and snack production record; assists with record keeping on individual children and families as directed by the teacher; completes written observations of individual children throughout the year. Participates in developing a learning plan for each child within 90 days of school entry.
- Screenings: Administers standardized screening tools as directed.
- Supervision: May assume the responsibilities of the teacher in his/her absence. Assists with recruitment and training of family/community volunteers, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
HOURS/SCHEDULE: 33 hours per week
SALARY: $ 17.17 – 22.88 per hour, DOE
LOCATION: Encompass Early Learning Center, 1407 Boalch Avenue NW, North Bend, WA 98045
- CDA certificate in the field of early childhood education or child development
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for preschool children.
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate positively to students, parents, staff and volunteers in a diverse environment.
- Ability to adjust to varied situations, demands and new instructional concepts.
- Ability to perform basic clerical tasks such as record keeping, filing, typing, copying, etc.
- Ability to attend occasional evening meetings and to occasionally visit parents in their homes.
- Ability to supervise students on regularly scheduled field trips.
Staff who do not meet qualifications may be hired if they meet Provisional Qualifications and program records document planning for progression to the Standard Qualifications within 2 years.
- One year of successful, relevant documented work experience in a preschool or childcare setting.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES:
Required within 90 days of hire:
- First aid and CPR card
- Food and Beverage Handler’s Permit
- TB screening
Send resume/application to: Encompass, Kristin Webb, Director of Operations, 9050 384th Ave. SE, Snoqualmie, WA 98065 or email to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
- The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves sitting, walking or standing, and may involve some running.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on gender, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.