Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week with benefits
Schedule: Some flexibility in schedule
Salary Range: $51,667 - $69,180 annually
Location: Encompass Child Development Center, 9050 384th Ave SE, Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Encompass is a private non-profit serving the Snoqualmie Valley and Issaquah communities for over 55 years. Our mission is to partner with families to build healthy foundations for children, and we believe what happens early in life matters. We offer high quality, leading edge early childhood educational and therapeutic services to all children in our communities.
Would you enjoy spending your day collaborating in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment to build awareness for a well-loved nonprofit? If so, Encompass could be the place for you! As a vital and integral member of the Development group, the Marketing and Communications Manager leads the marketing team to create content that tells the story of Encompass and maintains the integrity of the Encompass brand. Through thoughtful, strategic, and on-brand print, digital design, and video production, this role will collaborate organization-wide to meet branding and marketing goals.
Strong communication and organizational skills are key, as this role partners with all areas of the organization. Equally important is the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, take initiative, and exercise appropriate discretion and judgment.
DESCRIPTION: The Marketing and Communications Manager leads the planning and direction of Encompass communications and outreach, serving as the primary producer of content and managing coordination of social media, electronic publications, and advertising. The position also supports and supervises the marketing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and manage written content for all marketing materials, including news releases, advertisements, flyers, brochures, social media posts, and fundraising materials, including Annual Report
- Create content for various internal communications as needed
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s website—strategy, written and visual content that tells the story of the Encompass community; organizational news; and up-to-date information on programs, classes, and events
- Develop and implement strategies for the overall marketing of the organization, including annual marketing and communications plans
- Develop digital marketing strategies to expand engagement and followers.
- Ensure consistent use of logo and organizational branding
- Supervise marketing team of Community Outreach Coordinator and Digital Designer
- Manage marketing budget
- Collaborate with organization staff for content and informational purposes
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in communication, journalism, marketing, or a related field; experience in a nonprofit organization preferred
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills, with computer proficiency (PC environment)
- Experience managing a team of marketing professionals
- Advanced interpersonal skills with excellent verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple, diverse projects under pressure
- Ability to prioritize project needs across the organization and delegate to marketing team as needed
- Understanding of issues regarding communication, public relations, and stewardship in the nonprofit sector
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative and exercising appropriate discretion and judgment, and as part of a team, collaborating with all areas of the organization
- Scheduling flexibility, with ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle for business use
Company Paid Life/AD&D/EAP
IRA & IRA Matching
11 Paid Holidays
$50.00 – Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This is an active job requiring lifting of up to 20 lbs., in an office environment
Send resume/application to: email@example.com.
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on gender, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.
- Publication, graphic design, and photography experience, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator