Position: Family Care Coordinator Bilingual
Hours: 30 hours per week, 51 weeks per year, with benefits
Salary Range: $33,950.70 - $44,767.80 annually, DOE
Location: Encompass Child Development Center, 9050 384th Ave SE, Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Encompass is a private non-profit serving the Snoqualmie Valley and Issaquah communities for over 55 years. Our mission is to partner with families to build healthy foundations for children, and we believe what happens early in life matters. We offer high quality, leading edge early childhood educational and therapeutic services to all children in our communities.
DESCRIPTION: The Family Care Coordinator is responsible for identifying the unique needs of families and coordinating the enrollment processes for all programs deemed beneficial for the child/family. The Family Care Coordinator will simplify and enhance the enrollment process for families and coordinate the scope of eligible resources. The Family Care Coordinator will focus on internal collaboration with Program Directors, Managers and Supervisors to create a web of resources for each family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and engage with the community (individuals and groups) to reach underserved populations
- Provide developmental promotion strategies, screenings, and referrals for children and families
- Establish and strengthen relationships with community providers serving young children and their families in support of developmental promotion strategies
- Attend meetings in support of King County’s Help Me Grow
- Serve as first contact for incoming Encompass families and determine the best resources/services for their child/family
- Work directly with the Directors/Managers of all programs to streamline the enrollment/intake process for families
- Assist enrolling family in completing all aspects of the intake process, including gathering documents from providers outside of Encompass
- Advocate for families to ensure coordination between Encompass services and other community services
- Maintain knowledge of available community resources and makes necessary referrals in order to meet families’ needs
- Work in partnership with the administrative team on tasks such as answering the phone, greeting families, checking children in for appointments, etc.
Program Planning/Record Keeping
- Establish/create/enhance processes with the aim to streamline the enrollment experience for families
- Maintain complete and accurate records meeting program, funding, and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with all Encompass programs and staff to maintain understanding of each program’s offerings
- Document all parent contacts and complete required reports and records to maintain accurate files for program evaluation
- Ensure confidentiality of family and client information, sharing information only with those having a need to know
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and practices
- Coordinate with medical and health care providers as needed
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- Speaks, reads, and writes English and Spanish clearly and fluently
- Knowledge of racial equity, determinants of poverty, and social justice frameworks
- Demonstrate a desire to identify, gain knowledge in and awareness of individual experiences and societal oppressions that impact families and children in underserved populations (LGBTQ+, race, gender, socioeconomic, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, early childhood or human services field (experience may be substituted for degree)
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative and exercising appropriate discretion and judgment, and work as part of a team
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with authentic compassion
- Proficient computer skills - must have knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs and experience working with databases
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be detail-oriented and thorough
- Understanding of child development and background in developmental disabilities
- Experience working with parents and children with special needs in a service delivery environment
- Experience and knowledge of Early Childhood Development including Pediatric Therapy, Early Learning, and Government Systems and Programs
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSURE
- Child/Infant CPR; First Aid; Blood Borne Pathogens within 90 days of hire
Work is conducted in a clinical office environment. Incumbent may have some physical requirements associated with working with children and may come into contact with bodily fluids.
Send resume/application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on gender, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.
- Company Paid Life/AD&D/EAP
- IRA & IRA Matching
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- $50.00 – Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement